I needed a drum sander, Problem is at £1500 to £2000 they a not cheap at all and there was no way I could afford that yet.
So I ended up designing and making one for the job.
I Had some aluminiumn box section and a floor sander motor, all I needed to purchase was a couple of saddle barrings. Making and getting the drum barrel to run true was the most difficult part but the enjoyment making it was worth the effort. With a couple of adjustments on how I raise the bed and keep it stable, I found a new screw jack opener in my shed and that works great. There is a hood that fits the entire drum head with an extractor hose, that is truly a must have attachment.
I have to hand feed the wood through as it has no power drive, still it does the job really well.
The whole thing cost me no more than £20.